- Three-tiered skirts. I was originally inspired by another blog’s instructions, but I’ve since created my own. See Tiered Skirt Math and Tiered Skirt — A True Weekend Project. (Thank you to Kuky for the inspiring blog post that got me started. )
- Sew a skirt onto a t-shirt (a good use for a t-shirt that develops a stain near the bottom front).
- Kids’ pants require as little as one half of a yard. Shorts require less. Check out the madras summer pants below.
- A skirt with an easy elastic waistband takes no time at all. Below, see the plain denim with added trim and bow.
- Turn a well-loved t-shirt or sweatshirt into a pillow for a boy and his favorite stuffed animal. Cut around the motif and zig-zag stitch to the new pillow fabric, or just cut a large circle or square from the whole shirt and make the whole into a pillow.